-
March 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello everyone, just wondering what people's thoughts on 604 8G's in 612C cabinets would be? It seems people tend to rate the 620's or the stonehenges but I think I found some in the 612C for what seems like a nice price and was just wondering if I should dive in?
Thanks very much in advance.
Phil.
-
March 22nd, 2007, 04:59 PM
#2
Inactive Member
many thx! Think I will then.
just out of interest what is the internal volume of the 612C's?
-
March 22nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
The 612 c is 7.2 cubic feet asuming the wood is 3/4" thick.
http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...%20Cabinet.pdf
Convergence
..........................................
-
March 23rd, 2007, 03:21 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
I'd jump in. Those are nice cabinets and even if not optimum for the drivers it has to sound very good at the very least.
You can build different cabinets later if you like and sell the 612s. You can't lose.
-
March 23rd, 2007, 03:31 AM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
I yould jump in also. Both the ICONIC V and the
620 or model 18 are 9 cubic feet. It's just that
the Iconic is available for purchase with grill foam at this moment.
Both models are excellent.
Convergence
..........................................
-
March 23rd, 2007, 04:56 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
In the pdf it states 6.8 ft^3, which corresponds well with the 612 drawing: http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/altec/plans/1970's-lf-plans/enclosures05.jpg
GM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks